Tuesday, February 16, 2010

$2,160...

is the amount that someone tried to charge to my credit card. (insert VERY annoyed/scared/frustrated sigh here) I checked my credit card statement today online, which is something I do fairly often, and I noticed that I must have become a huge fan of golf. Golf World, Golfio Inc, and Golf Warehouse look to have become my new favorite stores in the last couple of days. Unfortunately, I have never shopped at any of them. Someone must have used my credit card number to charge some pretty fun equipment. I am a fan of the employees of Discover Card though. I am not liable for any unauthorized charges and I have a new card being shipped soon. Too bad there is the hassle of switching all accounts over...

Anyway... that's how my week started. How's yours?

6 comments:

  1. Lame! That happened to my card a while back as well, except someone was trying to join some online dating service using my card. While I am a fan of finding love, let's not do it at my expense! :) What a hassle--I am so sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is really something!! Glad you were able to take care of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That makes me really want to use my discover card instead any others. Yikes. So sad that people do that and think that it's okay. Well, what goes around comes around. :) Hey, don't you have an old friend that likes to golf....maybe he did it! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you caught it soon enough! We had the same thing happen too. We were suddenly seeing charges in Georgia. Glad you got it taken care of. Still annoying though.

    ReplyDelete