Sunday, May 16, 2010

Salt Lake Century!

I had signed up to ride in the Salt Lake Century with a goal of maybe riding the 37 mile option. I'd only ever ridden maybe 28-30 miles before this and I thought if I did 37 it would be good. But after talking with some people (good motivators)... I decided to try and ride longer and see how I felt. My friend, Allison, said that I should keep riding and she would pick me up if I didn't think I could make it to the end. :) Well, I ended up riding the 70 mile option. 70 MILES!! I was so excited that I was able to finish this... without dying... and without being dead last. I loved it! The weather was great and I rode with a guy (thanks Mark - wherever you are) the whole time and we pushed each other to keep going. I had never met Mark before and will probably never see him again, but I sure appreciate riding with him. He wanted to take a shortcut back, but I told him we had to finish the whole thing. I felt pretty good through it all and I'm very excited about my goal to finish a full century (100 miles) in August.

5 comments: